Today’s SEO best practices are based on how Google evaluates the quality and relevancy of your content. Here are some Search Engine Optimization tips, guides and lessons.
1. Your overall content. Regular, relevant, meaningful, focused and organized. Google has removed content keywords from the search console. “Be clear about what your site is about, and what you’d like to be found for. Tell visitors what makes your site, your products and services, special!” ~Google Webmaster Central Blog
2. Create a site map (A hierarchical list of your site pages).
3. Social Media (using keywords in your descriptions, with links back to your website, social integration on your website). Sharing indicates to Google the relevancy of your content within your niche.
4. To further optimize your page content, install Yoast SEO Plugin for WordPress
5. Fast loading pages! Google Webmaster Central: Using site speed in web search ranking
6. Avoid Parallax scrolling sites. One-page sites are difficult for search engines to index. Stick with a single focus per page.
SEO Guides and Lessons:
1. Ultimate WordPress SEO Guide for Beginners (Step by Step) via wpbeginner
2. The Beginner’s Guide to SEO [VERY thorough lessons] via Moz